Followers

2010-10-06

An awkward day on Sept. 28, Teacher's Day!!

On September 28 (the Teacher's Day in Taiwan)

"Are you Lee?" a lady in the same building came to my office and asked.

"Yes" I answered.

"Could I send a student here? She got a lot of problems both physically and mentally. What I can do is only helping her with the academic problems,such as Math, Writing, but I can't deal with her mental problems.....Bla, bla, bla....."

"Sure!" I answered with a confusing face.

(OS: "Wow, as a visiting professor, I have to take this kind of responsibility?" "Maybe it's the way it is!")


Here comes a student.....

"Please have a seat!" I said.

I closed the door. It seemed that I was kind of professional in consultation.


"Would you like to talk to me? What's in your mind?" I said to her.


"It has been a difficult time......bla, bla, bla...." she told me a long story in her life and started crying.

"OK, take a deep breath first. Why not you lay out your schedule and let's star from there....."

.......


It took more than half hour.


"Ooh, it's 10:05AM now. Do you need to go for your class?" I asked her.


"Yes, I have to go now." She said.

"What's your usual schedule for me to come by next time?" She asked.


"Well, I only come to my office on Tuesday and Thursday." I answered.

"When is the best time for you on Tuesday?" She asked.


"I teach at Children's Center from 10:00 to 11:30AM on Tuesday. If you would like to come by, after noon will be better for me......." I answered.


"OK, it was nice talking to you. Bye."


...................After sending her off, I stood by the office door with a confusing face.


Few hours later...... On the way back home.


"A lady in the building sent a student to my office......." I told the director the story while he was driving me home.


"??????" a lot of question marks in his mind. Then he stopped driving and looked at me with a confusing face.


"Did she send to the wrong person?" I suddenly realized what had happened...


Since then, people started calling me "Dr. Lee" (means medical doctor, not a doctor in education.)


What an awkward day!!

No comments: